We are unable to offer any services or land-use on a walk-in basis.
To arrange your visit, please send an email to Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for residency (to live) at Lost Valley, please contact Fern, the site manager, at email@example.com to arrange a tour and/or overnight.
There are 3 ways to experience Lost Valley as a Visitor:
- 1st Saturday Open House, Dance and Pot Luck. The 1st Saturday of every month is a day for you to come out to Lost Valley and explore the land, trails & shared spaces, have a tour, dance, hang out, enjoy delicious shared food, camp, have breakfast, meditate, do yoga and more…no reservations needed, just show up 3pm – Sunday AM. (to learn more follow us on facebook) Donation Event, Suggested $10 – $30. (Premium and Economy dorm rooms are available at regular rates, reservation needed)
CIE@LV Experience Weeks:
Community Immersion Experience at Lost Valley
- Arrival Day / Departure Day: Sunday – Sunday the last/1st week each month
- 7 night / 8 day stay in one our economy dorm rooms
(A shared room with a bunk twin bed is standard. Premium loft room options available)
- 8 delicious buffet-style organic, vegetarian, prandial community meals M-F with full access to our main fridge & kitchen to prepare your own breakfasts, snacks and weekend meals (just like the community)
- 2 community hosted dinner potlucks (Tuesday & Friday)
- Dance & Open House Event (Saturday)
- 90 minute Sustainable Living Workshop (Wednesday)
- At least 1 Daily Community Activity and any well-being or other activities that may be hosted spontaneously
- 2 Garden Work Parties (Tuesday & Saturday)
(a great time to learn from our garden managers)
- At least 1 Wood-Fired Sauna in our rustic cordwood sauna
- 2 Lost Valley Tours (general introduction tour + 1 1hr specialty tour ex: “Gardens/Permaculture”, the “Social Look” Discussion, Nature Sanctuary, etc…)
For pricing and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may come for the whole week, or stay per night all inclusive and a-la-carte options available.
- Short-Term Visits (CIE off-weeks): We are currently accepting visitors, nightly, by request through email and on airbnb, but do not guarantee any request. A 1-day advanced request with a 2-night minimum is preferred. Camping, RV, premium & economy lodging rooms are available. All visits are a-la-carte. Lodging, meals, workshops & specialized tours are purchased separately.
- Tue-Friday at Lost Valley are the most active times to experience and learn from the community with our Sustainable living workshops on Wednesdays, garden work parties on Tuesdays and Saturdays, bi-monthly meeting (called Petal) every other Thursday, shared organic / vegetarian lunch and dinners available most days (please bring your own food for breakfast and weekends or use our snack & tea bar), RAP (resident approval process) meetings on Thursdays, and occasional spontaneous get-togethers. In between these activities are good times for utilizing written resources, relaxing, walking the trails, and checking out Eugene and the surrounding areas.
- Lost Valley quiets down on the weekends. There are no community meals available, and rarely are there planned activities so weekends are great for folks who like the location and mainly want to check out more of the local area, cities and great nature.
For pricing and to book, please email email@example.com. You may come for the whole week, or stay per night.
What’s included in a short-term visit:
Onsite Hours: every day from 10am, in 24hr increments.
- A variety of a-la-carte options: community meals with the staff/student community, snack & tea bar, Lost Valley Shoppe with snacks and other small items, specialized tours (when/if available), workshops/classes (when HSS is in session or on Wednesday nights), healing/massage services may also be offered by residents.
- Introduction Tour – includes an overview of Lost Valley Education, Events, Staff/Student Community and our non-profit visions & missions, a walk around our main lodge area & guest house, map orientation, shared facility usage, meal etiquette, staff & student interactions and more…
- Meals: Meals are a-la-carte for $11 each (lunch/dinner only, for breakfasts and weekends, please bring your own food — you may prepare in our rustic guest house kitchen).
87 acres of private, nature sanctuary land use & everything that makes up our “environmental portrait”: including over 2.5 miles of beautifully maintained nature trails, a swimming hole, rushing river / creek & outdoor solar shower (seasonal), tent-pitch spots for camping, a sacred and mostly untouched Kalapua Indian Meadow with hundreds of years old oak trees, ponds, forest, mud, grasses, wild flowers & herbs, gardens, ducks, chickens, wild animals like bears and cougars (rarely ever available for a sighting but it is possible), and much more…
- Shared facility use including: guest kitchens, sacred yurt for quiet practices, massages, meditation, yoga and etc…, buildings showcasing natural-building techniques like our newly remodeled earth-walls dormitory and Eco-resource room floor, a cord-wood wood-fired sauna (about 1-2x per week), library and project spaces, a beautiful main lodge for socialization and meals.
- Resident staff & student time & orientations
- Formal processes & programs in place to serve you in learning about sustainable living techniques. EX: our visitor program, the CIE@LV or Community Immersion Experience at Lost Valley is one of the ways we infuse educational experiences into our visitor processes.
- A transparent entity and collective made up of 50 or so people living intentionally together & by example and whom have made their homes and lives open to you for learning and inspiration.
- Participation in our well-being activities that are open to guests, work parties, suanas observance of our governance meetings with time for questions, learning and comments and more.
During your visit, Bruce is available to help you make the most of your experience here by providing the following services:
- Booking — your first introductions with us & planning your visit(s)
- Welcome — arrivals, greetings, community introductions, orientations
- Farewell — departures, alumni connections
- Connections — listening to your intentions for your visit and making recommendations & suggestions for and connecting you with residents and educational experiences like our Immersion Learning Series projects, specialty tours, services, well being activities that may be of the most interest you.
- Dining recommendations — connecting you with your options for prepared and self-serve meals and munchies
- Lodging recommendations — matching your intentions and preferences with our physical spaces
Read more about our new visitor program below:
Lost Valley is creating a new visitor program but is open to the public and guests throughout the year. The program in development is called CIE@LV, Community Immersion Experience at Lost Valley and is introducing more educational immersions for Lost Valley’s resident staff & student community, and youth & adult guests.